This summer the SF SPCA is offering a whole line-up of Animal Camps! These day camps are perfect for kids who are interested in learning more about animals and the animal welfare community. What better way to spend the summer than making new friends, learning together, playing games, and hanging out with amazing animals who need your help? Kids aren't the only ones who will have fun - our shelter animals receive much-needed attention and TLC.
Summer Animal Camps utilize experiential and service learning to teach kids how to train and care for animals, be responsible guardians, align their choices with their values, and make our community a safer place for all animals. Our camps promote kindness and compassion for all creatures through enriching activities, games, crafts, and plenty of time with a variety of animals. The camps celebrate our relationship with animals, with a focus on how we can make them feel safe and comfortable. Students have hands-on learning opportunities and will work with a variety of animals.
- Weekly sessions are available for children entering grades 1 - 8 in the fall.
- Camp sessions run weekly June 3rd - August 16th 2013, Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm.
- The fee for each camp session is $400.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM for a flat fee of $75 per child.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for qualified applicants.
- All campers receive a take-home craft, a daily afternoon snack, and a t-shirt.
Details and registration at www.sfspca.org/camp or call (415) 554-3065
For information about financial aid opportunities, please visit www.sfspca.org/programs-services/youth-programs/humane-ed-financial-aid.